While HR software is extensive, this list is a complicity of the top tools in the major HR niches. The following tools include payroll, performance, workforce analysis, orientation, and more.
They all have something unique to offer in their field. So, let’s take a closer look at the best tools to help you attract, recruit, develop and retain your best talent.
After determining my list of top picks, I refined my list further by using the following selection criteria to see how each platform compares to the next. I also draw on my years of HR experience to identify features that add great value and reduce time-consuming processes.
Deel is a comprehensive payroll platform for global teams with additional tools for managing HR tasks. Their software brings advanced automation to your workflow and onboarding, so you can recruit from 150+ countries without worrying about regulatory laws
- include international payroll
- local compliance monitoring
- end-to-end workforce management tools
- custom contracts
- expense reimbursement tools
- off-cycle payroll adjustments
- global mobility support
- dedicated account managers, and 24/7 customer support.
Paycor is human capital management (HCM) software designed for HR directors, finance directors, and payroll managers. Their software includes modules for core HR data, payroll, talent management, people management, employee experience, and performance management.
Paycor simplifies payroll setup and execution, leveraging its proprietary tax and compliance expertise to reduce your organization’s risk management problems. Their payroll software solution offers ledger integration, employee self-service portal, powerful reporting tools, and useful HR resources such as templates, legal notices, and how-to guides.
- in their Basic plan level include payroll and tax service
- wage garnishments
- online check stubs or check stuffing
- online tax reporting, and on-demand pay.
- In their higher service levels
- they also offer features like expense management
- onboarding tools
- a time-off manager
- compensation planning
- talent management
- advanced analytics.
Remofirst is a cloud-based HR and payroll software that offers a full suite of benefits, compliance and performance management tools. Remofirst is a portable system that can be accessed from any device connected to the internet.
Read also: Money Management Tips for Small Business
- include advanced employee time and attendance tracking (including hours worked vacation days taken, and sick days used), and tools to help businesses manage their inventory
- assign devices to users
- track deployment progress
- manage the logistics of sending out equipment to employees.
GoCo is a flexible and modular employee management software with various features to support HR professionals. The list of modules includes new employee orientation, performance management, time and attendance tracking, document management systems, and performance management tools. They are a popular choice in a variety of industries, including healthcare, information and technology, professional services, education, and nonprofit organizations.
- include hiring and onboarding workflow automations
- a benefits administration portal
- embedded payroll processing or a payroll sync option
- employee time-tracking
- digital document management tools including e-signature workflows
- a performance management system
- automated workflows
- on-demand HR support.
Workable is the leading recruiting and staffing software with features for finding and recruiting candidates, assessing and collaborating between hiring managers, and automating the management of the hiring process once a decision is made. They have been used by more than 27,000 companies since their inception in 2012.
- include one-click job posting to 200+ sites
- AI-powered sourcing
- a robust system for employee referrals
- blind candidate screening tools
- video interviewing capabilities
- pre-employment candidate skill assessments
- thousands of hiring templates, and a handy mobile app.
- Their “AI Recruiter” technology can quickly deliver 50 of the top passive candidates for any job posting
- Plus, they tap into social media integrations (like Instagram and Facebook) to deliver targeted recruitment campaigns wherever people are online.
UZIO is an affordable HR software with built-in modules for human resource information system (HRIS) data, benefits management, payroll, and employee time tracking. It is a complete tool that can be customized for employers, benefits brokers, or partners (such as PEOs, ASOs, and CPAs).
- include onboarding and offboarding
- time-off tracking
- automatic salary changes
- 401(k) plans synced with payroll
- direct deposit
- benefits administration in-sync with payroll
- access to comprehensive benefit plans
- UZIO legal support
- hassle-free tax administration.
Read also: Best Business Management Software